HAZOP is a systematic approach for identification of process hazards and operability issues
- Facilitated by experienced and approved HAZOP facilitators
- Perform HAZOP in compliance with ISO 31010, IEC 61882 standards
- Verify integrity of design or procedures from a safety and operability point of view
- Bell Energy have successfully performed HAZOPs for large refineries, petrochemical complex, onshore & offshore Oil & Gas facilities and chemical industries
- Benefit from HAZOP Pro, best-in-class HAZOP Management tool
Why companies perform HAZOP
Hazards and Operability Analysis (HAZOP) is a widely-used technique for identification of process hazards and risks. It helps operators plan prevention and mitigation measures in case the process exceeds beyond its design intent.
HAZOP utilizes process deviations that are a combination of guidewords and parameters. Some typical examples of process deviations are More Flow, Low Flow, High Pressure, Level Build-up. Specific process scenarios such as Gas Blow-by, Overfilling, Run-away reactions that are otherwise left out in similar systematic studies such as HAZID and Design Reviews are easily identified and managed through HAZOP studies.
HAZOP also helps in identifying specific major accident scenarios that are further assessed in Quantitative Risk Assessments studies. It helps in identifying Safety Critical Elements (SCE) that are equipment and systems whose role is to prevent, mitigate or recover from a major accident hazard.
Bell Energy’s value added service
- Develop HAZOP Procedure
- Facilitate HAZOP at company or project location
- Utilize HAZOP recording software such as HAZOP Pro
- Provide training on HAZOP leadership
- Perform audit and design verification to ensure adequate close-out of HAZOP actions