Bell Energy offers consultancy in the fields of sustainability and the environment, covering a full range of HSE services ranging from Environmental Impact Assessment to Risk Assessments, Occupational Health Risk Assessments and Habitat Management, Monitoring as well as specialized HSE studies/services.
Airport Carbon Accreditation Scheme
Airport Carbon Accreditation is the carbon management certification for airports. The program assesses and recognizes the efforts of airports to manage and reduce their carbon emissions with four levels of award: 'Mapping', 'Reduction', 'Optimization' & 'Neutrality'. It was launched by European airports trade body ACI EUROPE at their Annual Congress in June 2009 and is independently administered by WSP Environment & Energy, an international consultancy agency. The program provides airports with a common framework for active carbon management with measurable goal-posts. Individual airport carbon footprints are independently verified in accordance with ISO 14064 on the basis of supporting evidence. Claims regarding airports' carbon management processes are also independently verified.
Bell Energy have provided Airport Carbon Accreditation for all of the following levels:
- Map & verify the carbon footprint
- Set target & reduce emissions
- Influence 3rd Parties
- Achieve carbon neutrality
Why should airports participate in carbon accreditation?
- More than 600 airports around the globe have obtained the accreditation and many more are applying for the same.
- Raise profile and credibility
- Minimize exposure to climate change risks
- Give substance to policy decisions
- Secure a license to grow
- Achieve financial rewards and reduce costs